Why is same-sex marriage a big conflict in today’s society? Why do people oppose it? The world may never know.
For many years, there has been a lot of conflict regarding same-sex marriage. It was not until 2015 when same-sex marriage became legalized world-wide. Some states are still outraged with this Supreme Court decision. If the Supreme Court ruled this, then that means that it is harmless and not affecting the American people at all. In my opinion, same-sex marriage is not a crime. Everyone deserves to be happy, regardless of his/her sexual preference. There are many other things that are happening in the world today that are affecting the nation. These things need more attention, so why is this topic causing so much tension when it is not harmful at all? I chose this topic because I feel like this is something that everyone should know about, especially when it is one of the main political tensions in the world today. I also want everyone to start supporting same-sex marriage. Homosexuals should not be discriminated in today’s society.
To me, same-sex marriage is a big conflict in today’s society because so many people have their own opinion about it.
People of the LGBT community are often discriminated against because of their sexual preference. For example, I read an article that stated: A family owned bakery in Northern Ireland was found guilty for refusing to bake a cake for a gay customer wanting a gay themed cake to celebrate the legalization of same-sex marriage. The angry customer sued the bakery and was awarded five-hundred dollars for “injury to feelings.” The family did not think what they did was wrong, because they were going off of what they know and what they were taught. They acted acc...
... middle of paper ...
...me one. It is your decision. No one decides it for you.” But, however, Keiya is a lesbian. She says that she did not become a lesbian until her eleventh grade year, which was three years after she found out that her mom was one. She also said that knowing her mom was one, did not make her become one. She said that it was her own decision. She grew up as a “tom-boy,” so that is why she decided to be a lesbian.
Same-sex marriage is just like the “normal” marriage. Just as heterosexual couples, same-sex couples are expressing their love for one another.
Regardless of what anyone else or I have to say, same-sex marriage will forever be a big topic. This is because there are so many things that can be said regarding this topic. Same-sex marriage does not harm or hurt today’s society in any way. Everyone deserves to be happy regardless of his/her sexual preference.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Same-Sex Marriage Why is same-sex marriage a big conflict in today’s society. Why do people oppose it. The world may never know. For many years, there has been a lot of conflict regarding same-sex marriage. It was not until 2015 when same-sex marriage became legalized world-wide. Some states are still outraged with this Supreme Court decision. If the Supreme Court ruled this, then that means that it is harmless and not affecting the American people at all. In my opinion, same-sex marriage is not a crime.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Homosexuality, Lesbian, LGBT]
1986 words (5.7 pages)
- On June 30, 2015, I received the following Facebook message: “Hello, I’m interested in your thoughts [on] legalizing gay marriage. I’d love to read your thoughts in an article. Thank you!!” My thoughts on this Supreme Court decision handed down in the “marriage” month of June--allegedly a month named after the Roman goddess of marriage, who was also the wife of Zeus--are irrelevant. Whether I expressed them or not, quite a number of things would still happen. For example, blossoming flowers would still clothe naked landscapes.... [tags: Marriage, Same-sex marriage, Crime against nature]
1131 words (3.2 pages)
- Same sex marriage has been always a controversial topic. In the past centuries it used to be considered as a crime. People would be killed even if they were discovered having relations with someone of their same sex. However, in the last years people have tended to turn more liberals and less conservatives. In addition, there have been many modifications to the laws around the world in order to permit same sex marriage in some countries. In the other hand, those human beings are just showing their love, and for some of them is not even their fault been homosexual.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Homosexuality, Marriage]
1720 words (4.9 pages)
- Up until recent time, Society generally associated heterosexuality as the utmost acceptable sexual orientation. As a result of this generalisation, those who identified themselves as Gay, Lesbian or bisexual experienced substantial amounts of marginalisation, oppression and/or discrimination, where in some cases it is still ongoing, especially for those in a same-sex relationship. As time progresses and social change continues, it is a question of whether or not same sex couples have greater rights today in contrast to previous generations.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Homosexuality]
1489 words (4.3 pages)
- ... Children will confuse about the foundation of family and have a misunderstanding of marriage (Nguyen). Marriage needs the protection of laws because society must be concerned about its own preservation and continuity into the next generation. Homosexual couples and their defenders had been fighting for legalizing same sex marriage for many years. Most of the time, supporters and defenders of gays or lesbians mentioned about liberty and equality in their articles. They often ask for human rights, but they forget human rights include children rights.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Homosexuality, Marriage]
1995 words (5.7 pages)
- Same-sex marriage has always been one of the most politically controversial debates. In recent years, people are getting more comfortable and open-minded about the topic. In June 2015, the United States has finally passed the law, allowing same-sex couples to legally get married, which seen by the public as a huge improvement in the federal law system. When the Supreme Court made the announcement back in June, it went viral on the Internet and with Christianity being the dominant religion, the criticisms from Christians towards the Supreme Court were massive.... [tags: Marriage, Same-sex marriage, Sexual intercourse]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- Same-sex Marriage Inequality based on sexual orientation is a common social problem people encounter every day of our lives. A lot of our societies have seen discrimination based on sexual orientation and it has become a spread out issue in many states. Because of this, same-sex marriages have been a serious concern to society. Gay marriage is looked upon as a major social problem within our society today and I will discuss the view of two major social theories which are symbolic interactionsim and functional analysis.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Marriage, Homosexuality]
1193 words (3.4 pages)
- ... Many Americans have some type of spiritual belief even if they are not faithful believers in Christianity or devoted church members. A particular passage from the Bible that tells a person to avoid premarital sex is “…It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman. But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband (1 Corinthians 7:1-2 New International Version). Even though the bible has never changed data from the General Social Survey of US adults, shows that over the span of 50 years there was a 29 percent rise in the acceptance of premarital sex (Lucke, 2015).... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Marriage, Homosexuality]
1026 words (2.9 pages)
- Same-Sex Marriages/Relationships Introduction Homosexuality is considered to be a sexual attraction between the members of the same gender. With the recent growth of homosexual relationships, this phenomenon is widely debated everywhere. As for this essay, it argues that that same-sex marriage should be supported as well as legalized due to the number of individual, social and moral challenges that are likely to lead to traumatic effects when disregarding the relationships of the abovementioned category of people.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Homosexuality]
1768 words (5.1 pages)
- "The state cannot demean their existence or control their destiny by making their private sexual conduct a crime -Kennedy" (Dockterman). By denying homosexuals the right to come out and marry their partners won't make them or their "choice" change. People all around the world have their own opinions about gay rights, but people are people no matter their race, skin color, or gender and they should have the same rights as "normal" couples. Homosexual couples should be able to be together for three main reasons: they are being discriminated for being the way they are, more children would be adopted, and statistics have proven that divorce rates have declined when a state allows homosexuals... [tags: homosexual rights, gay marriage]
888 words (2.5 pages)
- Analysis Of ' On Being A Cripple `` By Nancy Mairs And The Second One
- Retirement Is A Transitional Phase Associated With An Aging Population
- The Gap Between High School And College Graduates
- Enron Was An Energy Company
- Interracial Marriage Is A Beautiful Aspect Of Life
- Should Marijuana Be Legalized?