I’ve heard that the early bird catches the worm, and sadly enough, I’ve never been the early bird. Being on time has never been my strong spot, although I try. Even if the occasion calls for excessive speeding or car weaving, I would do it in a second if I knew I were going to be late. And for this, it could have cost not only my life, but the life of my sister.
One particular morning I was scheduled to take a rather difficult, yet important exam and the very thought of this made me queasy. So to direct my mind another way, I volunteered to escort my sister to school, thinking this would alleviate my stress. As my sister and I headed to our destination, the thought of school only redirected my attention back to the apprehension I felt regarding what I had to do later in the day. Seeing that our expedition was coming to an end and that I was only closer to the event I’d been dreading most, my heart began racing. This, much to my surprise, only got worse to the point where the deliberation consumed my every thought and blinded me of all ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “Your final exam will be in three parts: multiple choice, primary source analysis, and three major essays. I won’t be allowed within 2 miles of you when you take the exam.” The words of Mr. F, my AP US History teacher, reverberated between my ear drums. He either didn’t notice or didn’t seem to care: “The AP US History exam will be on a Saturday in mid May. It’s graded on a scale of 0 to 5. Zero being the lowest possible score, 5 being the highest.” A student in the front row raises her hand, interrupting our baptism by fire.... [tags: Narrative High School United States History]
1941 words (5.5 pages)
- There are many different modern perspectives of psychology. These modern perspectives are cognitive,psychoanalysis,humanistic-cultural,behavioral and evolutionary. Any change that happens in your life must come from you and your own efforts. Although a psychologist can guide you, no one can do the work for you. A small daily event can sometimes lay back a deep impact on your life. This is one such incident, where a normal routine incident taught me a very important principle of life. When thinking about a key event in regard to different personality theories, I felt that I could most relate that key event of my life to the humanistic and behavioral theory.... [tags: Personal Narrative, Personal Experience]
1341 words (3.8 pages)
- Ever since I was a little girl my dream job was to be a fashion designer. Over the years, I lost that passion like a candle burning out. Soon after high school was over, I had no idea what I wanted to be or what to even pursue in life. I still decide to go to college rather than staying home doing nothing, might as well knock out a few general education classes. When a few family members came over we started to talk about a few careers choices that would fit some of my skill sets that I have obtain over the years of growing up and working with my parents.... [tags: personal narrative]
663 words (1.9 pages)
- "Thanks, but for the last time," I said, trying not to sound ungrateful. "I honestly do not need to see a therapist." "But, Anisa..." my mum sighed, worry still dancing around in her eyes. "You try to hide it, but just seem so upset all the - recently. Of course, we understand, regarding the circumstances. But that just makes it even more reasonable for you to consult a professional." "We're just concerned about you," dad added on. I gave them a genuine smile, and told them once again that I was fine.... [tags: personal narrative]
842 words (2.4 pages)
- My Buddha Pendant When students who study abroad leave their own countries, I think their parents sould give them something important. The thing my parents gave me is a jade pendent, the appearance is a Buddha. As a type of faith in China, the Buddha always stands for wisdom, cheerfulness, calmness, and all wonderful moralities. So my parents hope all of those good things accompany with me in my future. For me, the most significant things that I learned from my Buddha pendant are thankfulness for life and courage to face any severe difficulties.... [tags: personal narrative]
805 words (2.3 pages)
- Personal Narative- Tough Girl She went to the land of Hollywood with a diamond wedding necklace hanging loosely from her neck like a noose before it gives its snapping goodbye. She went to the land of dreams with pride coloring her shadow; a haughty swing of her thick plait; and why not. Her name was Serina –she was named after a dream. Why not. I thought, though I cried the night before because she got the chance bestowed to her curvy hips, her white Colgate smile, her crystal blue eyes. And what about me.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
1367 words (3.9 pages)
- I'd like to take this opportunity to elaborate on my home education. I realize that there are many different interpretations of the term "home school" and I feel obliged to explain my personal methods and philosophy. As copies of my curricula will be included in the Secondary School Report, I will not go into detail concerning the specific nature of my studies, but rather I will discuss my home schooling experience. I left traditional schooling at age nine, until which point I had attended the local public schools.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essay Example]
1704 words (4.9 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Christian Apologetics Two weeks of this past summer rank high as some of the most rewarding times of my life. Next to my salvation, the experience has become an important turning point of my youth. This experience changed my worldview into a biblical perspective, and strengthened my faith in the Lord. For the first time, I was on my own, flying cross-country to spend two weeks in Colorado, not for a vacation I might add. I was to attend a Christian apologetics course sponsored by Summit Ministries.... [tags: Personal Narrative]
340 words (1 pages)
- Personal Narrative- My Laptop Writing technologies have been shaping the way people live since the beginning of time. In the Stone Age, our ancestors used tablets to organize important thoughts, keep track of daily activities, and pass on their knowledge to future generations. Arguably, their method of writing was inefficient as much effort was being put into carving and preserving the tablet, while the end result contained little information relative to its size. As technologies evolve, we have refined our methods of writing and have come up with newer, cheaper, and more efficient ways to communicate.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
511 words (1.5 pages)
- Initial Reflective Essay When I first thought of what I wanted to do with my life after college, the first thing I thought of was helping people. The next step in deciding what I wanted to do with my life was to exam how I could accomplish this goal. I started pondering and I was thinking about how much I love to take care of my body. Health care and personal hygiene has always been an important factor in my life. So I decided to major in Health Science. With this major, I will be able to further my education in ways to be healthy and possibly learn how to help others.... [tags: College Reflection Personal Narrative]
1375 words (3.9 pages)