In the afternoon, around twelve o’clock, I am waiting for my lunch on the downstairs deck of the hotel. I love staying outside as much as I can because of the warmth in this area. As I wait for my meal, I sit at a wooden table and look to the ocean. The sun is beating down harshly, so I have to squint to see the bright sand and the toppling waves. The sky is an aqua blue and there are no clouds to be seen, thus making it the perfect time for a beach day. As I intensely stare at the ocean, the waiter nudges me to let me know that my meal is ready. The waiter is young and deeply tanned, so I know that he has an appreciation for the outdoors as well. I thank him and dig into my seafood. I can taste the salty, fresh morning ocean within each bite. Once I finish my lunch, I sit and relax in the sun for a little bit. The sun is beaming down on me enough to cause me to have ...
... middle of paper ...
... can see the reflection of the moon shimmering on the water in different tones of grays, whites, and creams. The moon is close enough tonight that I feel like I could pluck it out of the sky and put it in my pocket. The sand is sparkling from the light of the moon and from the dampness of the ocean. The air smells fresh, as if the planet is cleansing and preparing itself for another day full of adventure.
I love the ocean, and I lay down in my bed thinking about the different stages that the water goes through in one given day. I also love the experiences and adventures the ocean gives me. The saltwater, the heat, the sweetness of the atmosphere, and the extraordinary colors are the things I thank the universe for with every breath in my body. I am more than thankful for my visit to the ocean, and I hope to someday be able to live close to its wonderful environment.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The photo—which my mama now held lovingly in her grasp—I hadn’t realized sat encased in an actual silver frame. When I had touched the frame to draw it close so I could take better look, a shock of static electricity pierced through me. The sudden surge of energy making a snapping, popping sound as an arching bluish bolt of lightning jumped from the metal to my finger tips. “Ouch,” I muttered as I quickly reeled my hand back before touching my fingertips to my lips. “Oh, did it get you?” my mama asked after having heard the sound and possibly even having saw the spark strike before I jumped back.... [tags: Bedroom, Room, Apartment, Nursery]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- The smells of her still linger around me. I can remember walking in to her house and being overwhelmed by the smell of dryer sheets, makeup, and dogs. It doesn’t sound like a nice smell but little did I know it would become one of my favorite smells. As we got older my grandparents took me on vacations with them. We did a lot we went to different lakes, different monumental structures and many different camping sights. Even though my grandpa and I never told her, we always believed she was the root of all bad luck on our vacations, and I mean serious bad luck.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, Wind, Lake]
901 words (2.6 pages)
- I have always found it fallacious that so many people feel the need to speak about someone and assume things that are completely inaccurate. As an older brother I have I had alot of responsibities, so sometimes I babysit my little Brother who is 3 years old. However everytime I go out in public with my little Brother people always assume that he’s my son. I never get frantic but every now and then someone will make an absurd comment that I would not be so kind to. I remember one weekend day after taking my brother to the park, we decided to go to Jack In The Box.... [tags: Hip hop music, Hip hop, Rapping, Funk]
1201 words (3.4 pages)
- ... I read some of his stories and they were great, but it hurt me to read them. Anything to do with him always leaves a bitter-sweet taste in my mouth… I woke up the next morning to the Today show. Some segment about yoga was on, the news was never really about news anymore. I gotten up and dragged myself to the shower, I didn’t really have anything going on that day but I figured I needed a rinse off to help feel better. Why I thought that I had no clue. I’d taken tons of showers since he left, but nothing could wash away the memories of him.... [tags: Debut albums, 2006 albums, 2008 singles]
2126 words (6.1 pages)
- Driving with my dad those countless hours gave me plenty of time to say goodbye, but I just couldn’t form the words. So instead when pestered each other with our normal banter, annoying each other with pun filled jokes that incited a groan instead of a laugh. My dad filled the time with stories, telling me about his childhood, his father, and grandfather who I never had the pleasure to meet. At that time, though I never actually said goodbye or how much I’d miss him, this was in a way our way of saying it without actually speaking.... [tags: Family, Mother, Jack Lemmon, Father]
950 words (2.7 pages)
- ... Especially Jaebum, he held for five whole minutes. He stare at Yugyeom in the eyes the entire time and even winked at him a couple times. You didn’t see this of course so you just assumed that they really missed you because you haven’t seen them for two weeks. When Jaebum let go of you, Mark began the dance practice. After about an hour you really needed a break. You went over and sat in the counter with you bottle of water, guzzling it down like you have just spent that last year in the desert.... [tags: 2007 singles, 2005 singles, Debut albums, Hug]
1260 words (3.6 pages)
- ... If I don 't I know I 'll run back to him because we 've never broke up even though High school. I grab my keys duffle bag and suitcase, I sit on the couch and wait. My flight to California is at 9:30 pm and its just 7:15. I plan on staying with Tiana, until my apartment is finished. Before my baby is born I 'll find us a house we can call home. Ali walks through the door and sees the bags sitting on the floor. "Dee what 's going on?" He says nervously. "Ali...I" I see him step towards me cutting me off.... [tags: 2007 singles, 2006 singles, 2008 singles]
1922 words (5.5 pages)
- I had always been given a choice, I was never forced into the cage that was built around me, but if I hadn’t crawled into the cage and clipped my own wings, then I would have had to clip the wings of my daughter. I remember the first time I plucked a feather from imaginary wings that give freedom to youth to fly away from home; I was around twelve and wanted to go swimming in the river with a group of friends. My mother knew that sinful things waited for children who basked in the sun on a riverbank, she also knew that a twelve year old was not strong-willed enough to say no to the temptations of alluring false fun.... [tags: Sky, Sun, Willow, Eye color]
2026 words (5.8 pages)
- I had come home to that same setting so many times before. What started with a fun night out with my friends had abruptly turned into a depressing one. The living room was vacant with nobody to be heard from. I had come to know this tension so well, but never got used to it. The kitchen table held many containers empty or half-empty with leftover food of previous nights, Along with the leftovers were many bottles, ten or fifteen green glass bottles, empty of its Heineken beer. I instantaneously felt hot needles being lugged along my back side, hot flashes envelope my body; a colony of fire ants covering me.... [tags: Father, Mother, Divorce, Stairway]
1031 words (2.9 pages)
- Think back to a simpler time, where the only way to pass time was to engulf yourself into nature’s beauty. Listen to the constant swaying of the light weight scythes cutting the brittle grass. Hear the birds’ chirping as the hay is raked into rows, mules blowing with all their might to clear the thick heavy cloud of dust from bailed hay. Look at the earth (I think you might need a comma here) it seems to be shaking, littered with black dust only to catch a glimpse of the (instead of saying “of the” maybe try “a”) sea of tiny swallows feasting upon the leftover seeds.... [tags: Grandparent, Family, Cougar, Life]
1012 words (2.9 pages)